Many people suffer from oily skin. This condition is caused when your sebaceous glands are overactive and produce too much oil. The good news is that there are some fairly simple natural home remedies to help you combat acne-prone and greasy skin.
Here are some natural remedies to avoid oily skin:
• The most effective beauty tip of all times is: drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Hydrating your body will help you get rid of toxins. Love your body and love your skin.
• You can rub oily areas with apple cider vinegar for a neutralizing effect.
• Aromatherapy oils also do wonders for oily skin care. You can include in your selection oils from cedarwood, clary sage, geranium, lavender, sandalwood, tea tree, ylang-ylang, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil have substances that heal and prevent inflammations.
• The first step of having an oil-free skin is to clean your face with gentle face wash to remove excess oil and dirt. Wipe your face with astringent lotion as it is a fat and grease solvent. The astringent should have acetone and should also be alcohol free. Later apply a watery moisturizer to keep your skin smooth. Remove excess moisturizer by dabbing a tissue over it.
• Blend 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup mashed apple into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, later rinse it.
• You can apply mud packs or clay masks on your face which helps in soaking oil from the skin. This may provide a temporary relief as the long term effects is inconclusive.
• Egg Mask: Blend 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon camphor spirit, 1 tablespoon skim milk powder and a drop of mint essential oil. Before applying the mask, apply odorless castor oil. Apply the mask, keep it for 15 minutes; wash it off with warm water to be rinsed by apple cider vinegar and water / witch hazel solution.
• To avoid oily skin, apply fresh smashed tomatoes on your face.
• Grate a cucumber and keep it in the fridge. Apply this grated chilled cucumber on your face for 15 minutes. Use this at least twice a week for a clean and clear face.
• Cucumber can also be used in juice form mixed with lemon juice. Apply this mixture half-an-hour before you take a bath. The proportion would be 1/2 a tsp each of cucumber and lemon juice.
• Get a facial sauna by using herbs such as lemongrass, licorice root and rosebuds. Keep it in simmer, 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh or dried herbs in 2 quarts of water. Once you see the steam cover your face over it. To entrap the steam, cover your head with a damp towel and be in that position for 15 minutes. Later wash your face with cold water and dab it dry.